So where do you go from here? I'm sure you have lots of questions perhaps about my work but also about your project - such as:
- How do we arrange the spaces in the new building or addtion or renovation?
- How much room do we need for everything? How much will it cost?
- Who will build it?
- What about building and zoning permits as well as electrical, plumbing and heating/cooling permits?
- How do we work with the trees or hillside and what about views and solar possibilities?
- And on and on and on!
To help you get a handle on the myriad of questions both known and unknown, call or email us for a consultation. We can talk briefly over the phone but it will be most helpful to meet in person at the project site. If you have some sketches or a "wish list" bring them along. For the first hour on site with you, we charge $150.00. For any additional time requested beyond the first hour, we charge $100 per hour, payable at the end of the consultation. However, if we decide to work together on the project then this consultation fee is applied to the total fees for the project.
Depending upon the scope and direction of the project, we can generate the architectural fees in one of several ways.
- HOURLY FEE - This can be the best approach if the direction the project will take is not clear.
- ESTIMATED or RANGE OF FEES - This type of fee gives an general range of the fees which can be fixed once the scope of the project is clear.
- FIXED FEE - For some projects, the scope and direction is very clear from the beginning and a fixed fee can developed.
- NOT TO EXCEED FEE - With this option, if the hours needed to complete the project are less than those estimated, the client receives the benefit.
Regardless of the fee structure used for the project, a detailed scope of services is written for the specific project which is part of the contract architect's are required to have for each project. These different fee options will be discussed at the consultation meeting. Contact us and we will be happy to discuss your project with you.